Angry, Bitter, and Unforgiving Kendy enjoying the seasons of life.

Well, I haven't been able to write in a while, not because I have been too busy, but simply because I have been enjoying life and the last couple of weeks I have here at SPU with the amazing friends God has blessed me with, the amazing Church He has placed me in, and the incredible city He has surrounded me with. God has been teaching me to enjoy the season of life that He currently has me in. We often get so caught up in where we have been, and where we are going, that we forget to enjoy the present. We forget to learn what God wants to teach us, we forget to enjoy the people He has placed in our lives, we forget that God is the Great I Am, and has us right where He wants us to be. Forgetting is not really the correct term, more like ignoring, whining, and stomping around like a 5 year old wondering what's next, why we are going through what we are going through, and why we are where we are.

Take comfort in knowing that God is the GREAT I AM. He has a plan for you. He knows exactly what you are going through, and exactly what you need. He is the great comforter. He is GOOD. He has placed you in a specific place, with specific people, at a specific time for a reason. Make the best of the season in your life, whether it be a season of joblessness, singleness, friendlessness, an abundance of free time, engagement...whatever it may be. I encourage you to stop for a moment and think about why God has you where you are, what He is teaching you, and who He wants you to reach out and love. He has a purpose. He is good. He has a better plan than any of us could ever think of.

God is our Heavenly Father. He needs to teach us things. He needs to show us things. He needs to guide us and we must let him. This makes me think of a five year old, who is throwing a tantrum. As the parent (or nanny *cough *cough) all we want to do is help the situation, discipline them, and move on to have fun. But of course, many times the child refuses that help, and continues to yell and scream, is this what we do to God?

Maybe, if we just accept what God is teaching us, if we fully grasp it, engage in it, and meditate on it, it will speed up the process. He will be able to teach us more things in less amount of time. We will spend less time in "time out" and more time learning and finding joy in Him. We will learn more, and enjoy life more. Although, maybe a "time out" is what we need, maybe what He needs to teach us simply takes time, and we just need to trust Him and have patience.

This is often a problem for me. My friends have many names for me, one of them being "Angry, Bitter and Unforgiving Kendy." I will come into their dorm room raging and they will say, "Uh oh, it's Angry, Bitter and Unforgiving Kendy!"

 I will admit, I have authority problems, pride problems, forgiveness problems, selfishness problems, I just have a lot of problems that can be blamed on my utter stubbornness. (thank goodness I have Jesus!) I don't want people to teach me. I want to do it all on my own, but boy oh boy has God smacked that RIGHT out of my head. I have learned the HARD way through many things, that it is just easier to allow God to teach me. It is easier to allow God to lead me. He knows my heart. He knows what I need. He knows my deepest desires. He knows what I need to learn. HE WILL PROVIDE.

Allow God to teach you. Allow God to guide you. Allow Him to do this through His word, through people, through books, through prayer, through music, whatever it is, just let Him in. Open your mind, quiet down and dedicate TIME to learning what He has to teach you. Enjoy the season of life He has you in. He has you there for a reason, and the sooner you realize that, and come to love it, the better. He has a plan for your life. All you need to do is be still, know that He is God, and allow Him to guide and teach you. Oh, and stopping the tantrum throwing would probably help to.   :)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revelations of Greek yogurt and workouts

My Advice to Future College Students

School Shootings Cry Out for Education Revolution