I Slapped Him in the Face

We all have these amazing stories, and amazing convictions. God shows us certain things, puts certain things on our hearts, and puts certain people in our lives for a reason. 
How come 90% of the time we don’t do anything about it, or we do it half-heartedly saying“Ok God, I am doing this just so I can check it off my list and get on with my life”?!
Isn’t that just like slapping God in the face? We get on our hands and knees and ask God to do things, to bring certain issues to our attention, to give us something we can be passionate about and be remembered for, but then we only do it half way? Or we don’t do it at all? We ask Him to show us where to go, and what to get involved with, and then we say no, we just slap God in the face.
If we all did what God called us to do, if we all listened, and obeyed, we could do so much.
I want to do something BIG. I want to CHANGE THE WORLD. God wants us to change the world. He wants us to follow through with our God given talents and passions.
DO SOMETHING BIG. CHANGE THE WORLD. GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND DO SOMETHING.
Stop complaining, stop “making people aware”, DO SOMETHING!
God is HUGE, He is the creator of the whole entire universe! If he made this place called earth, He can sure change it.
If we have Jesus Christ LIVING IN US THEN WE CAN DO ANYTHING.
Yes it will be hard, yes is will suck, yes people will look at you like you are a freak. But who cares! Seriously, who cares. We are called to live a life like that of Jesus Christ. What does that mean?
It means hanging out with prostitutes, feeding the hungry, giving shelter to the homeless. spreading the Gospel every single chance you get, not only through words, but through actions. It means not caring what others think of you, but letting God’s will be done in your life.  If God, the creator of the universe, humbled himself enough to send His only Son to the world as an infant, to be persecuted, mocked, beaten, and homeless, to die on the cross for our sins, after all we had done, and well aware of ALL that we were going to continue to do,  I think that we can humble ourselves enough to be obedient to Him. 
I want to change laws, to create movements. 
My prayer is that I will continually be obedient to God. That I will step out in faith, and listen to his gentle whisper. That I will not doubt, but put all my trust in Him. That I will not put Him in a box, but let His power, grace, and mercy take over my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revelations of Greek yogurt and workouts

My Advice to Future College Students

School Shootings Cry Out for Education Revolution