My brain just exploded, twice.

I am absolutely astounded by God’s grace.
Seriously….ASTOUNDED.
I am such a sinner, such a dreadful awful person. I open my mouth when I shouldn’t, and refuse to open my mouth when I SHOULD. I am lazy. I don’t read my Bible nearly as much as I should. I suck, basically. I am rude to those around me. I am annoying and loud. I am impatient. I don’t always think things all the way through. I am just this horrible, awful, gross little sinner, it’s disgusting. 
Even after all that, after all the stupid things I say and do, God still loves me. After mistreating people, after giving Him the silent treatment, He still WANTS me. He still yearns so deeply in His heart to talk to me, be in relationship with me, and love me with His everlasting and steadfast love. 
God wants to be in relationship with us so badly. Thankfully He made it so easy to be in relationship with Him by sending His only Son down to this earth to die for our sins. Now of course, accepting Him is the easy part, but living completely for Him, now that’s another story! But luckily, through Christ who gives us strength, we can do all things, ALL THINGS PEOPLE! (Philippians 4:13)
I was so convicted the other morning at Bridgepoint Church. He was talking about how we should be so filled up with Jesus, that His goodness automatically pours from us. We shouldn’t have to try to “do good things”, it should just automatically happen. That is my prayer for the next couple of weeks, to be so filled up with my Lord and Savior, that His goodness is constantly and automatically pouring out of me. 
I say all this, because I have been extremely discouraged the past couple of weeks. With so much going on, and life being a crazy roller coaster, it has been a little rough (although I LOVE roller coasters, life is not one I always enjoy to ride). We don’t have to be discouraged, we have the love, hope, and GRACE of our Heavenly Father, and that is all we need. He will provide everything we ever need, and He will grant us our hearts desires (Psalm 37:4). He created us, so OF COURSE He knows what is best for us. 
Today, take out some time to be still before God, to bask in His peace and grace, to know that He is God, the GREAT I AM. He knows what He is doing (now if only I could just grab ahold of that concept and never let it go).
One last thing, no matter what you are going through, never forget that God his right there by your side. Psalm 37:23 says “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble they will never fail, for the Lord holds them by the hand.” Our Lord and Savior delights in EVERY detail of our lives. EVERY SINGLE DETAIL!!! He walks right beside us and holds our hand. Now to me this means a great deal, because I am the clumsiest person when it comes to walking. If someone is there holding my hand, they catch me from falling, and laugh at it with me, making it a bit more bearable. That is exactly what our Heavenly Father does, He walks right beside us, making sure we don’t trip and fall flat on our faces. God catches us, helps us laugh it off and move on. 
Our God is so incredible. 
Psalm 37:7 “Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.”

Comments

  1. "After mistreating people, after giving Him the silent treatment, He still WANTS me. He still yearns so deeply in His heart to talk to me, be in relationship with me, and love me with His everlasting and steadfast love."

    This amazes me every day, too. He's just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revelations of Greek yogurt and workouts

My Advice to Future College Students

School Shootings Cry Out for Education Revolution