Oh, the irony of iron.

Well it is 12:24 am on Easter morning, and I am back on all electronic-ways-of-making-ourselves-feel-important-cool-and-heard.
I have discovered a few things while being “away” (and unfortunately one of those things was not better grammar), but I will refrain from telling you all of them because quite frankly I don’t feel like typing them all out, you probably don’t feel like reading them all, and I am tired. So let’s cut right to the chase shall we?
The most important thing I have discovered through this fast, is that I have been ignoring God’s grace. I know, sounds awful and horrible, and it is just that. I have been in this state of mind for an extremely long time of always trying to earn my faith. Always trying to prove to myself that I am worthy enough to have God’s grace, always trying to prove to others that I deserve it. Whether it is trying to earn it through what I do, through what major I choose, through what I post to Facebook, through what I say to others, I have been trying to earn my grace. I have been driven by the wrong motive. 
I am most guilty of trying to not only earn God’s grace, but also earn peoples approval. Let me tell you, those two things do not go together. I was posting all this stuff to Facebook, about how “great of a christian I am” or “look what I can do!” or “I am just super awesomely great and fantastic all of the freaking time”- guilty as charged, that was me. I have been driven by the wrong motive. I am done earning God’s grace, doing things for the wrong motive, and being driven by people thinking that I am a great Christian. My new goal in life is to “Preach the Gospel at all times, if necessary use words” as said by the great Francis of Assisi. 
I want people to know that I am filled with Jesus’ love just by spending 5 minutes with me, just by seeing what I do, just by feeling His presence effortlessly flow out of me-not by what I put on Facebook or Twitter, not because they see me at church, not because of what I wear. Simply because of who I am, simply because they see how Jesus’ power has transformed my heart and mind. 
So, heres to putting my words into action.
Here is to judging myself by my actions and motives.
Heres to letting God judge my heart, not others. 
Heres to forming authentic, real, raw, relationships and loving people like Jesus loved.
Heres to being real, being who we are, and accepting God’s grace.
Let’s put all of those Facebook posts and verses to action. 
#BOOM
p.s. I find it TRULY ironic that I have decided to become a High School Lit/English teacher, but my grammar skills suck, I guess we are GOING to have to fix that!!
p.s.s. Don’t you love how the title has NOTHING to do with what I wrote. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revelations of Greek yogurt and workouts

My Advice to Future College Students

School Shootings Cry Out for Education Revolution